Monday, April 26, 2010

Routine. . . Getting Back to It

Today was the first day back to school after spring break. Mondays are typically difficult for my students, but this one seemed worse than most. I have about 5 students who are extremely affected by any change to routine, and have to take some time to settle back into it when they have been gone.

My third graders did a fantastic job. They were quiet and obedient. I was very pleased. My fourth graders on the other hand, were a totally different story. Let's see, I had. . .

- one that was talking back
- one that would not stay in his seat
- one whistler
- 5 talkers
- two fist fighters

So, needless to say, it was a stressful day. Hopefully tomorrow, the students are settled into the routine a bit more, and behave more appropriately.

Speaking of getting back into the routine after break, here's a great article I found about it.

Do you have any great tips or ideas? How to you bring your students' minds back to their schoolwork?

On a positive note, one of my students came to me this morning asking for forgiveness for something he had done. It is such a blessing to have students who want to do right and want to please God.

No comments:

Post a Comment