Thursday, March 26, 2009

Why a Teaching Blog?

Every blog should have a purpose. I have a creative blog, a family blog, (both of which will not be linked from/to at this blog for anonymity reasons) and now this. . . a teaching blog. This blog's purpose is strictly and solely selfish. I want to. . .

1. Vent in an anonymous way. Sometimes it is difficult to find a place to go when things are tough, or annoying, or frustrating. I write in these situations. This blog gives me a place to do just that.

2. Connect with other teachers. I know that I don't have all the answers, and as my teaching career progresses, there will be many times that I have lots of questions. Who better to ask for advice than other seasoned teachers?

3. Journal the everyday happenings at school for future memories. I tried writing them down at the beginning of my first year, but I got seriously behind very quickly.

I may add more reasons later, but at present, the above express the purpose of this blog fairly well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment